My Dear Family and Friends
How grateful I am for each one of
you! You have no idea how you each help me in your own way. I
am completely overwhelmed and humbled by all of the love and support I am
receiving. During my teenage years the prophet and president of my
church, Spencer W. Kimball, made the following statement:
"God does notice us, and he
watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our
needs." (Ensign, Dec. 1974, Small Acts of Service)
Thank you for being the ones
responding to promptings to meet my needs.
As I think back over the last week I
can pretty much summarize it in two words—nausea and gratefulness. Not
gratefulness for nausea, mind you, but gratefulness for so many things I have
been blessed with. These are some things that come to mind, in very
random order because that is how my chemo brain works at present:
Having a port so they don't have to
find a vein every time I have treatment or blood drawn
Indoor plumbing
The sweetest anniversary celebration
ever, thanks to our children. It included a candlelight dinner at
"The Romantic Restaurant of Love" (usually known as our kitchen),
complete with music, attentive waiters and food that actually tasted good to
me, along with a visit to the “basement cinema” for a romantic comedy.
That I was blessed to feel so good
during Jake and Maren’s wedding
Insurance
Comfortable beds
E-mail, texting, facebook messages
and letters and cards. Even though I might not answer each one individually, I
read and appreciate every one I receive!
Nice nurses
My pillow
All of the associations and friends
that serving a mission brought me
Meat and potatoes
Sunshine
The promise of Spring
The perfect man for me as my husband
and best friend
Jigsaw puzzles
Games
Friends
Family
My Savior and knowledge of the plan
of salvation
Temples
Prayers
Airplanes that can bring my children
to see me when they live far away
Sons who heed the call to serve
their country, despite my worries
Sons who don’t hear that call
Sweet daughters (including my newest
one!)
I.V. fluids and nausea meds
Faithful children
Good parents
The list goes on but my energy
doesn’t so I will close for now. Please know how much you mean to me and
how blessed I feel to have you in my life. Thank you, thank you for all
you do for me.
With love,
Brooke
You are so Great!....you make me see how grateful I am too for those same types of things. How fun The Restaurant of Love...very special! You know I have a very sincere love for those in the Military...your sons & family are in our prayers every day...Keep on Truckin Brooke...we love you...so nice to see you on here...no reply necessary!....just get better. ♥ sher
ReplyDeleteIt warms my heart to see your list, Brooke. It means that you felt good enough to make it. Prayers for you and yours! Love you.
ReplyDeleteKelsie turned 25 last week and I know Jake was just a little ahead of her. It doesn't seem like that much time has passed since you so lovingly took Kelsie into your home while I worked and our friendship began. I am sorry the years have separated us so far but the love for you, John, and family still warms my heart. I am so grateful for the gospel that helps us in times of trial. Hang in there! Love, Charlotte
ReplyDeleteSo So happy you rang that bell!
ReplyDelete